BC Seniors’ Week is a time to celebrate seniors and their many contributions to our city by the sea. Seniors are an integral part of our community, with over 37% of White Rock’s population being over the age of 65.
The City of White Rock offers opportunities, resources, and services to seniors to stay active, informed, and engaged in our community.
Seniors’ Activities and Events:
- Enjoy a theatre production of “Mother Goose, State Your Case” presented by the Kent Street Players on Sunday, May 28 at 2 p.m. at the Kent Street Activity Centre. Tickets are $10 and can be purchased by calling 604-541-2199.
- Learn how to protect yourself from the latest scams at a free fraud-awareness workshop on Wednesday, May 31 at the Kent Street Activity Centre. This workshop is co-sponsored with White Rock Community Policing. Register online or call 604-541-2199.
- Sign up for recreation classes designed for seniors including Body Works 55+, STRONG, and Zumba Gold.
- Dance to the sounds of live music on Wednesday, June 7 at the Kent Street Dance. Every Wednesday evening, the Kent Street Activity Centre hosts Kent Street Dances at 6:30 p.m. Tickets can be purchased at the door.
- Fresh & Lively Luncheons take place on June 2 and 16. Enjoy a delicious lunch and live entertainment at the Kent Street Activity Centre. Reservations will be required, please contact Brella Community Services Society 604-531-9400 ext. 201.
- Delicious and nutritious frozen meals are on sale at the Kent Street Coffee Shop every Monday to Thursday from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Stop by the Coffee Shop and enjoy a sit down service of soup or a sandwich and fresh baked treats at the Kent Street Activity Centre, Monday to Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Volunteers are a vital link to success of the Kent Street Activity Centre. Opportunities include the coffee shop, computer instructors, mini-bus drivers, and fundraisers. For more information, contact 604-541-2231 or visit whiterockcity.ca/volunteer.
Join the Kent Street Activity Centre:
The Kent Street Activity Centre is the hub for many activities for seniors – from bus excursions and educational opportunities to social dances, workshops, fundraisers and more. Seniors can connect, stay active, and learn new skills by joining the Kent Street Activity Centre. Purchase an annual membership, which includes:
- Seventeen (17) different activity groups including snooker, bridge, carpet bowling, table tennis, and more.
- Membership pricing for all Kent Street Centre special events.
- Enjoy a $5 discount on popular 55+ excursions - view the Excursion and Activity Guide.
Take part in centre activities before purchasing a membership: Try out any Kent Street Activity Centre activity group three (3) times for free before purchasing. View the Kent Street activities at a glance.
Seniors’ Resource Guide
Find seniors focused programs and groups in the Semiahmoo peninsula by visiting whiterockcity.ca/seniors