The 2023 property tax notices have now been mailed and are due Tuesday, July 4, 2023. All property owners, even new owners, are responsible for payment of property taxes by July 4, 2023 to avoid penalties, regardless of whether a tax notice is received. Any current year amounts outstanding after this date, including home owner grants, will be charged a 5% penalty. An additional 5% will be charged after August 15, 2023.
If you do not receive your notice by the second week of June, please contact the Financial Services Department at White Rock City Hall at 604-541-2280.
Home Owner Grant Program
- If eligible, apply through the Province of BC
By phone: 1-888-355-2700 or 250-387-0555
- Apply for the Home Owner Grant before the tax due date to avoid penalty.
Provincial Property Tax Deferment Program
- To apply, or for more information, visit gov.bc.ca/propertytaxdeferment or call 1-888-355-2700.
- Please Note: The deferment program does not include the “Other Fees & Charges” amount included on your tax notice or any applicable Home Owner Grant. To avoid penalties, apply for your grant and pay the “Other Fees & Charges” by the tax penalty date.
- Online or in person through your financial institution: Most financial institutions will take payments for property taxes. Ensure that your payment will be dated on or before the due
date to avoid penalty. See your Property Tax Notice for instructions.
- Online at whiterockcity.ca/online: Payments can by made by credit card via the City’s online payment portal. You will need your folio number and access code. Note, a 2% fee applies to credit card payments.
- Mail a cheque: Ensure your folio number is listed on the front of the cheque. Payments must be received by the due date. Mail lost or delayed by the Post Office will be subject to Penalty.
- Use the secure Drop Box to the left of the main doors at City Hall - 15322 Buena Vista Ave.
- In person at City Hall: Open Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (except statutory holidays) There may be line ups from June until the due date.
Call for Property Tax Exemption Applications
The City of White Rock is accepting applications for 2023 Permissive Tax Exemptions. Annually, City Council may provide a municipal property tax exemption for properties and facilities owned by certain non-profit organizations. The criteria for these exemptions are outlined in City Council Policy No. 317.
If you are interested in applying for a 2023 permissive property tax exemption, both the application and associated policy are available on the City’s website at whiterockcity.ca/taxes. All applications must be received by 4:30 p.m., Friday, June 30, 2023.