Question and Answer Period
All question and answer period submissions and their responses can be viewed on the City website.
A delegation appeared before Council to discuss options for recognition in White Rock for the Komagata Maru passenger ship of 1914. Additional information on the Descendants of Komagata Society can be found here.
Council requested that this delegation information be forwarded to the City’s Public Art and Culture Advisory Committee for further consideration.
Support for Bus Rapid Transit
Council endorsed a resolution supporting the Bus Rapid Action Plan between White Rock and Surrey. Bus rapid transit is a fully separated rapid transit that provides high-frequency service on high demand corridors and is identified as a key item in TransLink’s 10-year priorities.
Andion Biogas Project
Council received an On-table report on the Andion Biogas Project. The project is proposed to be located at 16535 and 16565 Beach Road, Semiahmoo First Nation (beyond White Rock boundaries and jurisdiction) and would turn commercial scale food waste and organic feed stocks to renewable natural gas.
Council provided the following recommendations to Metro Vancouver:
- Metro Vancouver thoroughly investigate and advise the City of the potential for odours from the proposed Andion biogas facility being carried by prevailing winds to White Rock and negatively affecting quality of life of White Rock residents and,
- Metro Vancouver thoroughly investigate and advise the City of the potential for gases emitted or wastewater effluents or discharge from the proposed Andion biogas facility being carried by prevailing winds to White Rock and negatively affecting the health of White Rock residents and,
- Metro Vancouver advise what regulatory tools it has available should design deficiencies, production challenges or poor feedstock management result in emissions of malodourous or unhealthy gases or wastewater effluents or discharge and,
- Council provide comment to Metro Vancouver after Metro Vancouver responds in detail to the concerns about potential odors, unhealthy gases or wastewater effluents or discharge potentially affecting White Rock residents as noted above.
- Once answers to these questions are provided, Council will provide further comments on the proposal to Metro Vancouver.
Business Travel And Expense Policy No. 325
Council adopted amendments to the current City Business and Travel Expense Policy.
Bylaws Receiving Final Reading
- Bylaw 2470 – Road Closure and Highway Dedication Removal Bylaw (910 Dolphin Street)
A bylaw permitting a section of the Dolphin Walkway (city property) to be sold to the owners of 910 Dolphin.
- Bylaw 2478 – White Rock Sign Bylaw
A bylaw to amend the "White Rock Sign Bylaw" regarding third party signs.
- Bylaw 2479 – 2023 Fees and Charges Bylaw
Amendments relating to parking services.
- Three (3) bylaws relating to Permissive Tax Exemptions for:
- White Rock Lawn Bowling Bylaw 2024-2031 (Bylaw 2468)
- White Rock Business Improvement Association Bylaw 2021 – 2024 (Bylaw 2471)
- Centre for Active Living Bylaw2024-2025 (Bylaw 2469)