The Kent Street Activity Centre is a valued community facility but is aging and requires significant re-investment. Together with the Kent Street Seniors Executive Committee, the City is conducting a study to determine programming and activity space needs of older adults (55+) in the city. The options for re-investment could include renovation, replacement, expansion, and/or relocation.
The study will explore:
- The activity needs of older adults (55+) in the community;
- Resident preferences and perceived needs; and
- Best practices.
The project team is engaging directly with stakeholder groups and service providers, including conducting a community survey.
Complete the brief survey online and share your thoughts.
A paper copy of the survey can also be obtained at one of the following locations:
- Kent Street Activity Centre, 1475 Kent Street
- Centennial Park Leisure Centre, 14600 North Bluff Road
- White Rock Community Centre, 15154 Russell Avenue
- White Rock City Hall, 15322 Buena Vista Avenue
- White Rock Library, 15342 Buena Vista Avenue
The study is scheduled for completion in early 2024.
You do not need to be an older adult to participate in this survey – we want to get perspectives and input from residents of all ages.
The survey closes Monday, November 20th.
Learn more about the Kent Street Activity Centre Community Study at www.talkwhiterock.ca/kentstreet