Apply for a Busking License
Are you a street performer who would like to obtain a permit to busk in the City of White Rock?
How to Apply (new buskers)
1. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Busking Auditions
Please include the following information:
- Mailing Address
- Phone Number
- Description of performance (including instruments and/or props, style of music, etc)
- Website (if applicable)
In the email, either request a live audition appointment, or provide a link to a video application.
Please note: live auditions are only scheduled for April and May. At other times of the year, permits are only approved via a video application.
2. Applicants will be notified via email or phone once the application has been reviewed.
3. Successful applicants will need to fill out a buskers contract and submit it along with payment to the White Rock Community Centre. Buskers' Guidelines and Contract
How to Apply (previously approved buskers)
1. Read and sign the 2018/19 Buskers' Guidelines and Contract
2. Come to the White Rock Community Centre during business hours to pay the $25 fee and receive the 2018/19 ID Badge.
The Busking Annual License is valid May 1, 2018 to April 30, 2019.
The license fee for May 1, 2018 to April 30, 2019 is $25.
- Selected Performance Artists will be required to obtain a permit prior to commencing work.
- Permit restrictions and program guidelines will be given at the time the license is issued.
Scheduling and Locations
- Nine areas are designated for busking in the license. The locations are:
- White Rock Museum and Archives, West Plaza
- East Beach, Marine Drive at Finlay Street
- The ATM on Marine Drive at the foot of Martin Street
- The green park space next to the white rock on the beach, east of the pier
- Whale Wall, corner of Russell Avenue and Johnston Road
- 5 Corners, Johnston Road and Pacific Avenue
- East Beach, Marine Drive and Ash Street
- Oxford Comfort Station, White Rock Promenade and Oxford Street
- South End of the White Rock Pier
- The performing artist will be able to book a specific location and time. Bookings will be accepted one week in advance. The reservation will be processed through the Recreation and Culture Department (604) 541-2199 ext 3.
Still have questions? Download our Buskers Information HandoutGo to Top