Making a Claim Against the City
If you have suffered damages and you believe that the City of White Rock may be responsible, you must submit written notice of your claim within two months of the date when the damages were sustained.
To submit written notice of your claim, you may complete and return a Notice of Claim Form, or write to the City including the following information:
- Mailing address
- Phone number(s)
- Date and approximate time of incident
- Location of incident (be as specific as possible)
- Description of damages or injury (provide any invoices if available)
- Description of incident
- Description of cause of incident and why you believe the City is responsible
- Names of Witnesses, City employees, or any other persons involved, if applicable
- Photographs of any property damage, if applicable/available.
Submit your notice of claim to:
The Corporation of the City of White Rock
Att: Ken Overton, Manager, Property, Risk, & FOI
15322 Buena Vista Avenue
White Rock BC V4B 1Y6
When White Rock receives your claim:
- An investigation is commenced.
- You will receive a written acknowledgement of your Notice of Claim.
- A decision will be made upon the completion of the investigation.
- You will be notified in writing of the decision.
A thorough investigation of your claim may take several weeks. Please direct any inquiries about your claim to the Administration Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: White Rock will only pay claims where it is considered legally liable for the damages that you have sustained.Go to Top