Please click one of the following links to discover more about smoking in the City of White Rock:
The City of White Rock's Public Health Smoking Protection Bylaw [PDF - 271 KB] (the "Bylaw") prohibits smoking in a number of areas including:
- Within 7.5 metres of an entryway, openable window or air intake of a building, exclusive of private dwellings or enclosed premises that are not open to the public
- Within 7.5 metres of a customer service area (including a patio that is connected to a business that serves food or alcohol)
- In any outdoor gathering place under the jurisdiction of the City of White Rock including parks, sports fields, playgrounds, the promenade, the pier and the beach.
Under the Bylaw, businesses and institution operators are required to post appropriate signage in clear and visible locations. See Section 2.3 of the Bylaw [PDF - 271 KB] to review these requirements in more detail.
Although public education will help promote compliance with these new regulations, the use of municipal tickets will also be used.
Please note that anyone smoking in areas where smoking is prohibited may be ticketed. In addition, business owners/operators may also be fined for contravening the bylaw and allowing unlawful smoking in or near their premises.
Please contact Bylaw Enforcement regarding any inquiries or complaints regarding smoking or vaping through the following methods:
- To contact Bylaw Enforcement by telephone, please call them at 604-541-2146.
- To e-mail Bylaw Enforcement, please contact them directly through email@example.com or through the City's Public Feedback Form system (set 'Bylaw Enforcement' as the topic).
If you need to file a complaint, please see the following instructions.
Staff have prepared the following approved signage templates for public use.
Additionally, entryway decals are also available for purchase at any City facility.Go to Top