When is Road Reconstruction Necessary?
- Road Rehabilitation is required when the road structure can no longer support vehicle traffic.
Road Reconstruction involves
- The removal of the existing pavement
- The removal of the road materials below the pavement surface
- The insertion of improved structures
- The addition of curb and gutter to direct surface drainage to catch basins
- Sidewalks may be added depending on the classification of the street and pedestrian demand
Go to Top
- The City has 40 kms of roads to reconstruct
- The City's road reconstruction plan is to complete approx. 0.5km per year