The City of White Rock has launched a new online portal which will make accessing your account information easy!
myWhiteRock is an online service that allows property owners and businesses to:
- access information any time about their City of White Rock property tax, water utility, dog and business licence accounts;
- pay for dog and business licences;
- view the status of building and development related applications; and
- go paperless! Through myWhiteRock, you can register for property tax and water utility e-billing.
Register today at my.whiterockcity.ca
Please click one of the following links for further information on one of the following aspects of dog licencing in the City of White Rock:
- Pay for your Dog Licence
- Dog Licencing - Regulations
- Dog Licencing - Inquiries and Complaints
- Dog Licencing - FAQ
Dog licencing in the City of White Rock is regulated under the conditions and requirements of the Animal Control and Licensing Bylaw, 2012, No. 1959.
All dogs over the age of four months residing in White Rock must have a valid dog licence. Every dog owner shall ensure that a valid dog licence tag is displayed on the dog at all times by affixing it to the dog by a collar, harness, or other suitable device. A dog licence tag with an identification number shall last for the duration of the dog’s life. A tag no longer needs to be replaced when renewing a dog licence at the beginning of each calendar year.
Dog licences are valid from the first of January to the last day in December in the year in which it is issued. Dog licence renewal forms are mailed in December to owners for dogs on record and are due and payable on January 1st.
For a prompt response to inquiries related to animal regulations, dog licensing and fees, please contact the Planning and Development Services Department at 604-541-2139 - or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a complaint or any issues relating to animals (including dogs or exotic animals), please contact Bylaw Enforcement at 604-541-2146 - or at email@example.com.
Please click one of the following questions for an answer applicable to your requested inquiry:
- How do I licence my dog?
- What is the fee for a dog licence?
- I no longer have a dog / I've moved out of the City. What should I do?
- I've found a lost dog / I've lost my dog! What should I do?
- Can I take my dog to the Waterfront?
- My question isn't here - who should I contact?
All dogs over the age of four months residing in White Rock must have a valid dog licence. Application forms for new dog licences are provided at the front counter upstairs at Reception in City Hall.
Dog licence fees are available under Schedule "A" - Dog License Fees of Animal Control and Licensing Bylaw, 2012, No. 1959. This includes yearly renewals.
- New dog licences are paid for at Reception at City Hall (located upstairs).
- Dog licence renewal payments can be made through online payment (see the sidebar to the right), in-person, or by mail.
A summary of these fees is provided below:
|Unaltered Dog (each)||$40.00|
|Altered Dog (each)||$25.00|
|Licence Tag Replacement||$10.00|
If you no longer have a dog that was licensed in the past, or if you no longer live in the City of White Rock, please contact the Planning and Development Services Department at 604-541-2139. We'll revised our records accordingly.
For any additional information, please contact us at (604) 541-2139.Go to Top