Planning & Development Services
Planning and Development Services is responsible for a wide range of tasks and duties in the City of White Rock. Please click on the department that is most applicable to you:
- Planning Department
- Building Department
- Licencing Department (Dogs and Businesses)
- Bylaw Enforcement
The Planning Department is responsible for providing professional advice to City Council regarding future land use and growth management in the City, developing various land use plans and strategies intended to encompass various aspects of community life, processing many different types of development applications, and co-ordinating public consultation events.
Planning responds to various public inquiries, and maintains data related to demographics, relevant regulations, and policy plans that affect private property throughout the City. Planning also provides assistance to the Board of Variance and the Advisory Design Panel.
The Planning Department is also responsible for tree management on private property.
- Want to find out more about community planning? Click here.
- Interested in development applications? Go here.
- Have questions or concerns? Please check out our list of Frequently Asked Questions.
- Want to find the latest compilation of relevant Planning documents (e.g. forms, guides, bylaws)? We have them right here.
- More interested in the White Rock Online Mapping System (WROMS)? Go here.
- Need to make a Tree Management Permit application? Click here.
The Building Department reviews and processes a variety of applications relating to works on, in, or around buildings or structures on private property to ensure that these works are compliant with provincial and municipal codes and regulations. This includes building permits, demolition permits, sprinkler permits, pool permits, plumbing permits, and permits relating to oil tank removal.
The Building Department is also responsible for inspections to verify that the proposed works have occurred as planned and permitted.
The Licencing Department is responsible for the granting and licencing of business activities in the City of White Rock. This department also oversees certain aspects of the dog licencing process.
- You can find further information regarding the business licencing process in White Rock here.
- More interested in dog licencing? Click here.
The Bylaw Enforcement Department upholds and enforces a wide variety of City bylaws relating to quality of life and land use, including nuisance (noise, unsightliness, smoke) and other incompatibilities.
- For information regarding bylaw enforcement, including instructions on how to file a complaint or concern, check out the City’s Bylaw Enforcement page.
- Questions regarding animal control in the City of White Rock are answered here.
Go to Top