Public or City Trees
Tree management on City Lands Policy 611 outlines that The City of White Rock is to manage, preserve and enhance trees on City lands while taking into consideration established views from White Rock properties and scenic views in the City. The long term objective is to ensure the sustainability of the City's urban forest assests by increasing the number of healthy trees and amount of tree canopy in the City, without negatively impacting established views that are important to City of White Rock property owners and the City.
Management of City Trees
- The City manages trees on City Lands
- The pruning or removal of a City tree is the sole responsibility of the City of White Rock and it's authorized agents.
- The planting of trees, shrubs or other vegetation on City lands by White Rock and it's authorized agents.
- Trees concidered to be joint property of the City and a property owner when any part of the tree trunk crosses a shared property line.
City Tree Management Application Form
There are four (4) types of City tree applications:
- Removal and replacement or protection in conjunction with building permit, development permit, subdivision, or demolition permit.
- Pruning or removal for view restoration
For more information, please see Policy 611 - Tree Management on City Lands.
For questions regarding trees on City Land, please contact Engineering and Municipal Operations Department 604.541.2181.Go to Top