Dog Licence and Pound Bylaw 1161
The Dog Licence and Control Bylaw regulates the licencing of dogs in the City. Under this bylaw, owners of dogs must not permit their animals to bark in a manner which disturbs the quiet of the neighbourhood, must not allow their dogs to be at large, and must take special precautions to ensure that vicious dogs do not present a danger to the public. Every dog owner must immediately remove any excrement left by their dog on another person's property or on public property. No person shall own, keep, harbour or have in his possession any more than three (3) adult dogs per residential unit.
Barking dog Complaints
Have you lost or found a dog? Call 604-541-2146. It's also a good idea to contact the Surrey SPCA 604-597-5655 and the local papers to put an ad in right away.
Should your dog be picked up by our Animal Control Officer, every effort will be made to contact the owner prior to impounding. Once the dog is impounded the owner could be assessed the following charges:
|Dog at large fine||$100.00|
|Impound fees||$80.00 (no licence) or $60.00 (with a licence)|
|Dog unlicenced fine||$50.00|
|Dog tag||$25.00 or $40.00 unneutered/unspayed (neutered or spayed proof required)|
|Kennel Impound||Separate fees (Contracted out)|
Dogs are currently prohibited from White Rock Pier and Promenade all year round.
Leashed dogs are now allowed on the waterfront area between Bay Street and High Street all year round as outlined in the map below.
Important Phone Numbers
- Critter Care Wildlife Society 604-530-2064 or www.crittercarewildlife.org
- Ferret Information, Rescue and Shelter 604-263-7481 or www.Ferrets.org
- Friends of the Animals Society 604-541-3627
- Ministry of Wildlife 604-582-5200 or www.env.gov.bc.ca
- O.W.L. (orphaned wildlife) 604-946-3171
- SPCA Emergency Services 604-879-734
- SPCA Surrey 604-597-5655
- SPCA Wildlife Hotline 1-855-622-7722
- Silver Birch Boarding Kennels 604-574-4209 www.silverbirchkennels.com
- Wildlife Rescue 604-526-7275