New Residents Guide

Welcome to White Rock! We're glad you have decided to make Our City by the Sea your new home. You will find most information you need on our web site.

Frequently Asked Questions

Who do I contact about garbage, recycling and green waste pick up?

To learn more about your garbage, recycling and Green Can collection days, please see the Garbage & Recycling page. For more information call the department of Engineering and Municipal Operations at (604) 541-2181.

Who do I contact about water services?

The City of White Rock owns and operates the water utility that services the community. Learn more at

Who do I call about animal control?

Have you lost or found a dog? Call (604) 541-2146. It's also a good idea to contact the Surrey SPCA (604) 597-5655.

Please note that dogs are currently prohibited from White Rock Pier and Promenade all year round. Dogs are now allowed on the waterfront area between Bay Street and High Street all year round. Map [PDF - 72 KB]

Where is City Hall?

White Rock City Hall
15322 Buena Vista Avenue
White Rock, BC V4B 1Y6
Phone: (604) 541-2100
Fax: (604) 541-9148

Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., excluding statutory holidays.

How do I register for a recreation program?

Recreation and Culture is responsible for City-run recreation programs and special events.

I'm new to the Country, where do I start?

If you are new to the province of British Columbia or the country of Canada, please visit the government of British Columbia's “Newcomers' Guide to Resources and Services” at This guide is available in English, French, Chinese, Punjabi and Korean versions.

For more information on multiculturalism and immigration in BC, call the Attorney General's office at (604) 660-2203, email or visit