Opportunities which may arise throughout the year will be posted here for information. Please check back at a later date, or contact the Clerk's Office at 604 541 2127.
Volunteerism supports community engagement with respect to various topics and key issues in the City of White Rock. The City is calling for volunteers to serve the following Committees.
CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS 2018: Help Organize One of White Rock’s Favourite Events!
The City of White Rock is pleased to announce that it will be hosting the 69th Annual Sea Festival. Planning for the event that takes place every year on the BC Day long weekend in August will commence in January 2018, and we are looking for volunteers with experience in volunteer coordination and marketing and communications to join the White Rock Sea Festival Committee.
Over the years, the popular event has attracted over 100,000 people to White Rock and provides fun and exciting festival entertainment and activities, promotes local artists, cultural performances and the enhancement of watersports, and supports our waterfront businesses and attractions. The event is free and accessible to people of all ages and abilities.
If you are interested in serving on the new White Rock Sea Festival Committee, please complete the volunteer application form (available below). Submit your application by 4:00pm on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 to email@example.com.
- Applicants must not be employees of the City of White Rock.
- Applicants who live in the City of White Rock will be considered first (unless otherwise noted in the terms of reference).
- Applicants should be able to serve for the full term of the appointment. A full term consists of one year, unless otherwise noted in the terms of reference.
Time requirements vary among the Committees. Most Committees however, meet once a month in the day or evening for no more than two (2) hours. Some Committees may meet less frequently. In general, Committees do not meet in August or December.
As these are volunteer positions successful candidates serve without remuneration.
- Carefully review the mandate for each select committee and task force and identify which ones interest you. The committee mandates can be found on the City website at policies.
- Download and complete the application form available online. The form is also available to be picked up in the City’s Administration Department.
- All applications should include a resume or cover letter.
- Applications should be marked to the attention of the City Clerk.
The information submitted will be considered by Council as part of the appointment process. Once the decisions have been made, all applicants will be contacted with respect to their submissions.
Applications can be submitted via any of the following methods:
Email to: ClerksOffice@whiterockcity.ca
Mail or hand delivered to:
- Clerks Department, City of White Rock, 15322 Buena Vista Avenue, White Rock BC V4B 1Y6
How Appointments are made
Appointments are made by City Council in December. Appointments are for two (2) year terms unless otherwise indicated by Council. Terms are generally from January 1st to December 31st.
Applicants will receive a letter advising of Council’s decision once the appointments have been made.
*Note: Copies of all applications will be made available to White Rock City Council and required staff for the sole purpose of making appointments and communicating with the Boards, Committees, Commissions and Panels. Your information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for this purpose and for contacting appointed persons with information regarding meetings.
For more information please contact the Clerk’s Office at:
- ClerksOffice@whiterockcity.ca or 604 541 2127;
- Visit our website at: www.whiterockcity.ca and click on the “Council and Committee” tab.
The City of White Rock Council establishes Committees, Commissions, and other advisory bodies from time to time to ensure opportunities for input from specified groups or members of the general public.
To see what task force or select committee meetings are being held, please view the Events Calendar accessible from the home page.
2018 Committee Members
Committee Meetings Schedule
See related links in the right pane on this page.Go to Top