Finance & Audit Committee
The Finance & Audit Committee assists City Council in fulfilling its oversight responsibilities relating to finance & audit matters delegated to management by Council.
In particular, the Committee assists Council by reviewing:
- Key financial information that will be provided to the province or made public;
- Strategic financial plans, operating, utilities and capital budgets;
- External and internal audit activities;
- The system of internal controls, risk management and financial information technology;
- Investment management activities; and
- Insurance coverage of significant risks and uncertainties.
For more information, see the Finance and Audit Committee Terms of Reference (Download).