Mayor Wayne Baldwin
Mayor Baldwin was re-elected for a second term in 2014, continuing a lifelong career of public service, which included serving as White Rock City Manager for 23 years, Deputy Engineer for the District of North Vancouver, and as a Major in The Canadian Army.
In 2012 Mayor Baldwin was the recipient of the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal for his contributions to the community and to Canada.
In addition to his extensive career experience, Mayor Baldwin brings a solid background of education to the office. The Mayor holds three degrees: a Bachelor of Science (Royal Military College); a Masters in Engineering (University of Toronto); and a Masters in Business Administration (Simon Fraser University).
Community involvement has always been important to Mayor Baldwin. He is a Rotarian and past president of the White Rock Rotary Club and is a Paul Harris Fellow. He has served as board member and vice-chair of the Peace Arch Hospital and Community Health Foundation and for many years, was involved in youth sports both as a coach and an organizer.
He and his wife Jane have three adult children and ten grandchildren, all of whom reside in White Rock and South Surrey.
Member of the following Internal Committees/Boards:
- Finance and Audit Committee
- Governance and Legislation Committee
- Labour Relations Bureau Director
- Land Use and Planning Committee
- Metro Vancouver Board of Directors
- Metro Vancouver Regional Arts
- Month of August Contract Committee - Chairperson
- Municipal Insurance Authority (until December 2018)
- Translink Mayors' Council
- Municipal Insurance Authority of B.C.
Or if you would like to e-mail all of White Rock City Council: email@example.comGo to Top