Development Services


1. What is the zoning of my property?
To find out the zoning of your property, use the City's WROMS Online Mapping System to search your property by civic address.
2. What can I build on my property?
To determine what you can build on your property, you first need to know what your property is zoned. Once you have obtained the zoning of your property, the City's Zoning Bylaw will provide you with information on what you can build.

3. Do I need a permit to cut down a tree on my property?
The City of White Rock has a Tree Management Bylaw which outlines specific lands within the City where a tree cutting permit is required. Please refer to the Tree Management Bylaw to determine whether your property is affected.

4. What information is required to submit a residential building permit application?
A list of the required information to be submitted could be obtained from City Hall or by downloading the Guide for Applying for a Building Permit.

5. What are the costs of a dog license and how long is it valid?
A dog license is valid from January 1 to December 31 in the year which it was issued. Information about obtaining a dog license and associated costs can be found on the City's website under Development Services.

6. How do I apply for a business license?
Information about obtaining a business license can be found on the City's website, under Development Services.

7. Where can I purchase a parking decal?
Information regarding parking decals can be obtained through the City's website under Parking Services.

8. How can I pay my parking ticket?
Payments may be made in person, by mail or by phone. Tickets can be paid in cash, by cheque, money order, credit card or debit card. Please do not send cash.

9. How can I appeal my parking ticket?
A Notice of Appeal Form may be obtained from City Hall or may be downloaded from the parking services appeals webpage.

10. How can I report a bylaw complaint?
To report a bylaw complaint, please call (604) 541-2139 during business hours and (604) 541-2146 after business hours and on weekends.

11. Where can I obtain a marriage license?
Marriage licenses are issued by the Provincial Government. Find out more on their website or local London Drugs.

12. Where can I renew my driver's license, change the address on my license or pay a ticket?
Driver's licenses are issued by the Provincial Government. More information about obtaining a license, renewing a license, changing an address or paying tickets is available on the ICBC website

13. Where can I obtain a fishing license?
Fresh water fishing licenses are issued through the Provincial government.Find out more
Tidal water fishing licenses are issued through the Federal government. Find out more