Committee Volunteer Opportunities
August 14, 2015
Volunteering is a great way for residents to get involved, provide input and expertise on important issues and make a positive contribution to our community. The City is currently accepting applications to fill vacancies on the following committees. Applicants from the City of White Rock are given priority but we welcome all volunteers!
Cultural Advisory Committee
Interested in arts and culture in White Rock? The Cultural Advisory Committee is looking for two (2) additional members to advise staff and Council on cultural services and to monitor the progress of the 2014-2018 Cultural Strategic Plan.
This is an excellent opportunity to build awareness, support art and culture initiatives in the community, encourage and cooperation and coordination among organizations.
Economic Investment Committee
To advise City Council and staff on matters referred to the Committee by Council regarding economic investment in the City.
There are four (4) additional opportunities available to be voting members appointed by Council who will represent a broad range of perspectives and expertise from the Community’s business, investment, marketing, development and planning sectors.
The Committee will identify strategies and actions and assist to:
- Supporting long term economic stability and growth in the community;
- Increasing economic diversity and local employment opportunities;
- Encourage financial investment in the area; and
- Support existing businesses in retention and expansion.
Public Art Advisory Committee
To advise City Council on the implementation of public art policies and projects for the City.
To meet its mandate, the PAAC will advise on:
- The development of an annual public art plan in conjunction with the budget review process to identify and prioritize appropriate projects and locations for public art in White Rock.
- Developing and ensuring the application of established procedures and guidelines on a project-by-project basis, including selection process.
- Project design, development, implementation and maintenance issues.
- Issues, new trends and future needs related to the delivery of the Public Art Program in White Rock and recommend changes as required.
The Public Art Advisory Committee will consist of up seven (7) voting members appointed by Council from the community at large, one (1) non-voting members of Council and City Staff as required.
If you would like more information, or would like to apply, contact Tracey Arthur, City Clerk, City of White Rock, 15322 Buena Vista Avenue, White Rock B.C. V4B 1Y6 email@example.com; or fax: 604.541.9348
All applications must be received no later than 4:30 p.m., September 4. 2015
All applications/resumes may be made available to the City of White Rock Council and staff for review. The information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.Go to Top