Stay engaged with City! City seeks volunteer committee members
March 18, 2015
The City of White Rock is seeking volunteers to provide insight and expertise to serve on the following city committees:
Economic Investment Committee:
to advise City Council and staff on matters referred to the Committee by Council regarding economic investment in the City.
Up to nine (9) voting members appointed by Council will represent a broad range of perspectives and expertise from the community’s business, investment, marketing, development, and planning sectors.
The Committee will identify strategies and actions and assist to:
- Supporting long term economic stability and growth in the community;
- Increasing economic diversity and local employment opportunities;
- Encourage financial investment in the area; and
- Support existing businesses in retention and expansion.
to advise Council and staff on environmental matters referred to the Committee by Council. The Environmental Advisory Committee will consist of up to seven (7) voting members.
Board of Variance:
provides an avenue of relief for people seeking variances to the Zoning Bylaw, where compliance would create an undue hardship.
There is one (1) position available for an appointment until December 31, 2016.
A combination of personal attributes, experience, community association, skills, and knowledge will be considered of this position. The following is a list of noted abbreviated qualifications.
a) Experience and Association
- Respected member of the community; and
- Experience in or combination of adjudication, land use planning, real estate development, law or engineering.
b) Personal Attributes
- Objective and ability to avoid bias and identifies conflicts of interest.
- Independent thinker that expresses opinions respectfully;
- Collaborates and communicates effectively with colleagues;
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with City staff;
- Demonstrates tact and diplomacy in dealing with the public and with sensitive or contentious issues.
c) Ability and Knowledge
- Ability to assess case-specific information, read architectural plans / documents and visualize the submitted proposal, examine sites prior to hearings
- Understands Zoning Bylaws and the Official Community Plan
- Attend approximately six (6) to eight (8) meetings a year.
Please complete the application form for the position on the Board of Variance.
Board of Variance Application [PDF - 524 KB].
For all opportunities, please submit a resume specifying your preferred area of interest and outlining relevant experience and qualifications for the City committees (or in regard to interest in the Board of Variance an application form) to:
Tracey Arthur, City Clerk
The Corporation of the City of White Rock
15322 Buena Vista Avenue, White Rock, BC V4B 1Y6
email@example.com; or Fax: 604-541-9348
All applications must be received no later than 4:30 p.m., March 30, 2015.
All applications/resumes may be made available to City of White Rock Council and staff for review. The information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.Go to Top