Public Hearing - Bylaw 2082 (Zoning Bylaw Amendment)
June 23, 2015
THE CORPORATION OF THE
CITY OF WHITE ROCK
15322 BUENA VISTA AVENUE, WHITE ROCK, B.C. V4B 1Y6
NOTICE OF WAIVER OF PUBLIC HEARING
PROPOSED BYLAW NO. 2082
NOTICE is hereby given that the Council of the City of White Rock pursuant to Section 890 of the Local Government Act has waived the holding of a public hearing in relation to
proposed Bylaw No. 2082, an amendment to “White Rock Zoning Bylaw, 2012, No. 2000.” Section 890 provides for the waiving of public hearings in relation to land use bylaws that are consistent with the municipality’s official community plan. White Rock City Council will consider third reading and adoption of Bylaw No. 2082 at its regular meeting scheduled for MONDAY, JULY 13, 2015 at 7:00 p.m. in CITY HALL COUNCIL CHAMBERS located at 15322 Buena Vista Avenue, White Rock, BC, V4B 1Y6.
BYLAW 2082: “White Rock Zoning Bylaw, 2012, No. 2000, Amendment Bylaw, 2015,
PURPOSE: Bylaw 2082 proposes to amend “White Rock Zoning Bylaw, 2012, No. 2000” to address housekeeping issues in regard to retaining wall regulations, including:
- Replacing the definition of “structure” with the following: “means any construction fixed to, supported by or sunk into land or water which is greater than 0.6m in height, excluding buildings, retaining walls, landscape trellises or arbors, in-ground swimming pools, and other similar works.”
- Removing walls from the following screening and fencing regulations
a) may be sited on any portion of a lot; and
b) shall not exceed a height of 2.0m (6.56ft); and
- Amending the approval process for erecting retaining walls.
Further details regarding the proposed bylaw may be obtained from the City’s Planning and Development Services Department and copies of the proposed bylaw along with associated reports may be inspected in the City Clerk’s Office from Tuesday, June 16, 2015 to Monday,
July 13, 2015. White Rock City Hall is located at 15322 Buena Vista Avenue, White Rock, BC and is open between the hours of 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., excluding weekends and statutory holidays.
Planning and Development Services Department:
(604) 541-2136 | email@example.com
City Clerk’s Office:
(604) 541-2212 | firstname.lastname@example.orgGo to Top