Public Hearing - Bylaws 2123 (OCP - Oxford/Everall) and 2056 (Zoning - 1444 & 1454 Oxford St. and 1487 Everall St.)
November 24, 2015
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARINGS – DECEMBER 7, 2015
PROPOSED BYLAWS NO. 2123 AND 2056
(1444 &1454 Oxford Street and 1487 Everall Street)
NOTICE is hereby given that the Council of the City of White Rock will hold a Public
Hearing in Halls A, B, C at the WHITE ROCK COMMUNITY CENTRE
(15154 Russell Avenue) on MONDAY, DECEMBER 7, 2015 at 7:00 p.m. in accordance with the Local Government Act. At the Public Hearing, all persons who deem their interest in property is affected by the proposed bylaws shall be afforded an opportunity to be heard or to present written submissions reflecting matters contained in the bylaw that is the subject of the Public Hearing.
BYLAW 2123: “Official Community Plan Bylaw 1837, 2008, Amendment No. 23 (Oxford / Everall), 2015, No. 2123”
BYLAW 2056: “White Rock Zoning Bylaw, 2012, No. 2000, Amendment
(CD-46 – 1454 Oxford Street) Bylaw, 2015, No. 2056”
SUBJECT PROPERTIES: 1444 & 1454 Oxford Street and 1487 Everall Street (see location map below)
Bylaw 2123 includes changes to the Official Community Plan (OCP) designations for the properties located at 1444 and 1454 Oxford Street as follows:
- 1487 Everall Street from ‘Institutional and Utility’ to ‘Open Space and Recreation Areas’
- 1444 Oxford Street from ‘Multi-Unit Residential (Low Density)’ to ‘Institutional and Utility’
- 1454 Oxford Street from ‘Multi-Unit Residential (Low Density)’ to ‘Multi-Unit Residential (High Density)’ for the western 1.71 acres of the property and to ‘Open Space and Recreation Areas’ for the eastern 0.96 acres of the property
- Bylaw 2056 permits the construction of a 121-unit residential development in two towers (24 and 21 storeys) at 1454 Oxford Street.
Only issues pertinent to the proposed OCP and zoning amendment bylaws are to be discussed at the Public Hearing.
Further details regarding the proposed bylaws may be obtained from the City’s Planning and Development Services Department at City Hall or by contacting (604) 541-2136 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you have any comments or concerns you wish to convey to Council and you cannot attend the Public Hearing, please submit them in writing to the City Clerk by 4:00 p.m., Monday, December 7, 2015.
You may forward your submissions by:
- mailing or delivering to the City Clerk’s Office at White Rock City Hall,
15322 Buena Vista Avenue, White Rock, BC, V4B 1Y6; or
- faxing to 604-541-9348; or
- e-mailing the City Clerk at ClerksOffice@whiterockcity.ca with “Bylaws No. 2123 and 2056” typed into the subject line.
Please Note: Correspondence that is the subject of a Public Hearing, Public
Meeting, or other public processes will be included, in its entirety, in the public information package and will form part of the public record. Council shall not receive further submissions from the public or interested persons concerning the application after the Public Hearing has concluded.
Copies of the proposed bylaws along with associated reports may be inspected in the City Clerk’s Office at White Rock City Hall, 15322 Buena Vista Avenue, White Rock, BC from Tuesday, November 24, 2015 to Monday, December 7, 2015 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., excluding weekends and statutory holidays.
City ClerkGo to Top