November 22: Public Hearing - Bylaws 2123/2056/2158 (1454 Oxford Street)
November 9, 2016
NOTICE OF A PUBLIC HEARING - TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 22, 2016
Public Hearing Agenda Package for Tuesday, November 22, 2016 (click to view):
Public Hearing Background Information (below). Due to the file sizes, the information has been broken down to the following parts for ease of reference. Hard copies of the information below are available for view in the Clerks' Office.
- Public Hearing Information Package - Notice/Bylaws
- Public Hearing Information Package - Part 1 (Reports R1-R6)
- Public Hearing Information Package - Part 2 (Reports R7-11)
- Public Hearing Information Package - Part 3 (Reports R12-R17)
- Public Hearing Information Package - Part 4 (R18)
- Public Hearing Information Package - Part 5 (See December 7, 2015 to see previous PH Agenda package re: Bylaws 2123/2056)
NOTICE is hereby given that the Council of the City of White Rock will hold a Public Hearing in Halls A/B/C at the White Rock Community Centre, 15154 Russell Avenue, White Rock, BC, on TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 22, 2016 at 5:00 p.m. in accordance with the Local Government Act. At the Public Hearing, all persons who deem their interest in property is affected by the proposed Bylaws shall be afforded an opportunity to be heard or to present written submissions reflecting matters contained in the proposed application that is the subject of the Public Hearing.
APPLICANT: Elegant Oxford Project Corp. Inc. No. BC1051252 and 1055731 BC Ltd., Inc. No. BC1055731 (the Developer)
CIVIC ADDRESS: 1454 OXFORD STREET (see map below)
- OFFICIAL COMMUNITY PLAN BYLAW 1837, 2008, AMENDMENT NO. 23 (OXFORD/EVERALL), 2015, NO. 2123
- WHITE ROCK ZONING BYLAW, 2012, NO. 2000, AMENDMENT (CD-46 – 1454 OXFORD STREET) BYLAW, 2015, NO. 2056
- PHASED DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT (PDA) (1454 OXFORD STREET) BYLAW, 2016, NO. 2158
PURPOSE OF THE BYLAWS IN GENERAL TERMS:
Bylaw 2123 proposes a change in the Official Community Plan designation for the property located at 1454 Oxford Street from ‘Multi-Unit Residential – Low Density’ to ‘Multi-Unit Residential – High Density.’
Bylaw 2056 proposes a change in the zoning of the property from ‘P-1 Civic/Institutional Use Zone’ to ‘CD-46 Comprehensive Development Zone.’ If approved, these changes will allow the construction of a 121-unit residential development in two towers (24 and 21 storeys) at 1454 Oxford Street.
Bylaw 2158 proposes a Phased Development Agreement (PDA) to secure the community amenity contribution and regulate the phasing of the development. The PDA would have the effect of freezing the Specified Bylaw Provisions in regard to the subject lands for the ten year term.
If adopted, proposed Phased Development Agreement Bylaw, 2016, No. 2158 would authorize the City and the Developer to enter into a PDA under the Local Government Act, that, among other details, would have the following terms and conditions:
- Have a term of ten (10) years from the date of the adoption of the PDA Bylaw, unless otherwise terminated in accordance with the provisions outlined in the PDA.
- Specified Bylaw Provisions means any and all provisions of the Zoning Bylaw and Subdivision Bylaw that are applicable to the subject lands as of the reference date of the PDA (being the date of adoption of the PDA Bylaw), that regulate the use, density, siting, size, dimensions or location of buildings, structures or land, or the shape, dimensions and area of parcels that may be created by subdivision, and conditions that will entitle the Developer to different density regulations, as well as the subdivision and development standards set out in the Subdivision Bylaw as of the reference date of the PDA.
- Assignment: Nothing in the PDA in any way limits the right of the Developer to sell all, or any portion of, the subject lands. The rights set out in the PDA may be the exercised by the assignee without further consent by the City, as contemplated by Section 516 of the Local Government Act, by any company, partnership, individual or other entity to whom the Developer transfers the subject lands, or individual parcels subdivided therefrom, other than companies, partnerships, individuals or entities that are in receivership or bankruptcy.
- Dedication of the parkland.
- Provision of the $3,600,000 community amenity contribution.
- Installation of one electric vehicle charging plug-in for every ten parking spaces.
- Rerouting of all overhead utility wires underground on the property and on any public land adjacent to the Lands.
- Submission of geotechnical and hydrogeological assessments for the proposed development, including a review of any potential impacts on the adjacent water utility property and existing wells.
- Approval in Principle for a remediation plan from the Ministry of Environment and a Certificate of Compliance prior to occupancy.
- Provision of an Indemnity Agreement protecting the City from any and all liability or damages arising out of or related to the presence of contaminated soil on the property.
- Provision of required servicing for the development, including upgrades to the storm and sanitary sewer systems, the water system, roads and intersections, cycling infrastructure, sidewalk widening, street lighting, landscaping on the City boulevard, street trees and seating areas, and bus shelters.
- Construction of the pathway along the north property line between Oxford and Everall Streets, and registration of a statutory right-of-way to ensure public access to the pathway.
- Provision of fire protection measures.
Further details regarding the application may be obtained from the City’s Planning and Development Services Department at City Hall or by contacting (604) 541-2136 | firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you have any comments or concerns you wish to convey to Council and you cannot attend the Public Hearing, please submit in writing to the City Clerk by Noon, Tuesday, November 22, 2016. You may forward your submissions by:
- mailing or delivering to the City Clerk’s Office at White Rock City Hall, 15322 Buena Vista Avenue, White Rock, BC V4B 1Y6; or
- e-mailing the City Clerk at ClerksOffice@whiterockcity.ca with “Bylaws No. 2123/2056/2158” typed in the subject line.
Please Note: Correspondence that is the subject of a Public Hearing, Public Meeting, or other public processes will be included, in its entirety, in the public information package and will form part of the public record. Council shall not receive further submissions from the public or interested persons concerning the application after the Public Hearing has concluded.
Submissions received to date for the proposed Elegant project will be included in the hearing materials in the agenda package for November 22, 2016; however, the public is entitled to make new or the same submissions after seeing this notice.
Copies of the proposed Bylaws and associated reports may be inspected in the City Clerk’s Office at White Rock City Hall, 15322 Buena Vista Avenue, White Rock, BC, from Wednesday, November 9, 2016 until Tuesday, November 22, 2016 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., excluding weekends and statutory holidays.
Free community parking is available underground with access off of Russell Avenue.
Tracey Arthur, City Clerk
Go to Top