November 30: Public Hearing - Bylaws 2130/2131/2135 (14825/35 Thrift Avenue)
November 16, 2016
NOTICE OF A PUBLIC HEARING - WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 30, 2016
Correspondence received up to 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, November 24, 2016. All submissions received between this time and Noon on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 will be provided to Council at the Public Hearing On-Table:
NOTICE is hereby given that the Council of the City of White Rock will hold a Public Hearing in Halls A/B/C at the White Rock Community Centre, 15154 Russell Avenue, White Rock, BC, on WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 30 2016 at 5:00 p.m. in accordance with the Local Government Act. At the Public Hearing, all persons who deem their interest in property is affected by the proposed Bylaws shall be afforded an opportunity to be heard or to present written submissions reflecting matters contained in the proposed application that is the subject of the Public Hearing.
APPLICANT: Forge Projects 2 Inc., Inc. No. BC1026807 (Forge)
- OFFICIAL COMMUNITY PLAN BYLAW 1837, 2008, AMENDMENT NO. 24 (14825/35 THRIFT AVENUE), 2016, NO. 2130
- WHITE ROCK ZONING BYLAW, 2012, NO. 2000, AMENDMENT (CD-51 – 14825/35 THRIFT AVENUE) BYLAW, 2016, NO. 2131
- PHASED DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT (14825/35 THRIFT AVENUE) BYLAW, 2016, NO. 2135
CIVIC ADDRESS: 14825/35 Thrift Avenue
PURPOSE OF THE BYLAWS IN GENERAL TERMS:
Bylaw 2130 proposes a change in the Official Community Plan designation for the properties located at 14825/35 Thrift Avenue from ‘Multi-Unit Residential – Low Density’ to ‘Multi-Unit Residential – High Density.’
Bylaw 2131 proposes a change in the zoning of the property from ‘RS-1 One Unit Residential Zone’ to ‘CD-51 Comprehensive Development Zone.’ If approved, these changes will allow the construction of a 12-storey, 33-unit residential development at 14825/35 Thrift Avenue.
Bylaw 2135 proposes a Phased Development Agreement (PDA) to secure the community amenity contribution and regulate the phasing of the proposed project at 14825/35 Thrift Avenue. The PDA would have the effect of freezing the Specified Bylaw Provisions in regard to the subject lands for the ten (10) year term.
If adopted, proposed Phased Development Agreement Bylaw, 2016, No. 2135 would authorize the City and the Developer (Forge) to enter into a PDA under the Local Government Act, that, among other details, would have the following terms and conditions:
- Have a term of ten (10) years from the reference date of this agreement;
- Specified Bylaw Provisions means all those provisions of the Zoning Amendment Bylaw, 2016, No. 2131 that are applicable to the subject lands, as of the reference date of the PDA (being the date of adoption of the PDA Bylaw);
- Assignment: After the City receives all payments and security as set out in the PDA, Forge shall be entitled to assign the PDA or to effect or allow a Change of Control without the prior written consent of the City provided such assignee enters into an assumption agreement with the City whereby the assignee agrees to be bound by the terms of the PDA.
Further details regarding the application may be obtained from the City’s Planning and Development Services Department at City Hall or by contacting (604) 541-2136 |firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you have any comments or concerns you wish to convey to Council and you cannot attend the Public Hearing, please submit in writing to the City Clerk by Noon, Wednesday, November 30, 2016. You may forward your submissions by:
- mailing or delivering to the City Clerk’s Office at White Rock City Hall, 15322 Buena Vista Avenue, White Rock, BC V4B 1Y6; or
- e-mailing the City Clerk at ClerksOffice@whiterockcity.ca with “Bylaws 2130/2131/2135” typed in the subject line.
Please Note: Correspondence that is the subject of a Public Hearing, Public Meeting, or other public processes will be included, in its entirety, in the public information package and will form part of the public record. Council shall not receive further submissions from the public or interested persons concerning the application after the Public Hearing has concluded.
Submissions received to date for the proposed Forge project will be included in the Hearing materials in the agenda package for November 30, 2016; however, the public is entitled to make new or the same submissions after seeing this notice.
Copies of the proposed Bylaws and associated reports may be inspected in the City Clerk’s Office at White Rock City Hall, 15322 Buena Vista Avenue, White Rock, BC, from Wednesday,
November 16, 2016 until Wednesday, November 30, 2016 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., excluding weekends and statutory holidays.
Free Comminty Parking is available underground with access off of Russell Avenue.
Tracey Arthur, City ClerkGo to Top