April 12: Public Hearing/Meeting for Bylaw 2193 & DP 398 (1484 Martin Street)
March 31, 2017
NOTICE OF A PUBLIC HEARING / PUBLIC MEETING - WEDNESDAY, APRIL 12, 2017 at 5:00 P.M.
BYLAW NO. 2193 & DP 398
- Background Information Package
- The Public Hearing Agenda is available for view under April 12 here
- Correspondence received between 8:30am, April 7 and 3:00pm April 10
- Note: This correspondence (received in response to the Public Hearing Notice), as well as submissions received between 3:00p.m., April 10, 2017 and Noon, April 12, 2017 will be provided to Council On-Table at the Public Hearing.
NOTICE is hereby given that the Council of the City of White Rock will hold a Public Hearing / Meeting at the White Rock Community Centre, 15154 Russell Avenue, on WEDNESDAY, APRIL 12, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. in accordance with the Local Government Act. At the Public Hearing / Meeting, all persons who deem their interest in property is affected by the proposed Bylaw and Development Permit shall be afforded an opportunity to be heard or to present written submissions reflecting matters contained in the proposed application that is the subject of the Public Hearing / Meeting.
APPLICANT: LANDMARK WHITE ROCK HOLDINGS LTD. (LANDMARK)
- BYLAW: PHASED DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT (1484 MARTIN STREET) BYLAW, 2017, NO. 2193
- DEVELOPMENT PERMIT NO. 398
LAND THAT IS THE SUBJECT OF THE BYLAW: CIVIC ADDRESS: 1484 MARTIN STREET (See Site Map below)
PURPOSE OF THE BYLAW AND DEVELOPMENT PERMIT IN GENERAL TERMS:
The proposed development of 334 residential units and 5,230.8 square metres (56,304 square feet) of commercial area in a mixed use development at 1484 Martin Street requires a Major Development Permit with variances.
Bylaw 2193 attaches and enters into a Phased Development Agreement (PDA) to regulate the phasing of the project, secure the proposed community amenity contribution and servicing requirements, and secure current zoning bylaw provisions for a term of 10 years.
If adopted, proposed Phased Development Agreement Bylaw, 2017, No. 2193 would authorize the City and the Developer (Landmark) to enter into the PDA under the Local Government Act that, among other details, would have the following terms and conditions:
- The specified zoning bylaw provisions for the phased development agreement are the zoning bylaw provisions in force as of the date of adoption of the bylaw
- The development comprises a mixed use development with three towers (25, 25, and 24 storeys) with 334 residential units and 5,230.8 square metres of commercial area
- The PDA will have a term of ten (10) years from the reference date of the agreement, during which term Council may not alter the specified zoning provisions in relation to the subject Lands without the developer’s consent
- Assignment: After the City receives all payments and security as set out in the PDA, Landmark shall be entitled to assign the PDA or to effect or allow a Change of Control without the prior written consent of the City provided such assignee enters into an assumption agreement with the City whereby the assignee agrees to be bound by the terms of the PDA
- The PDA will provide for the following community amenity contributions: $11,700,000 payment-in-lieu to be used at the City’s discretion for the provision or improvement of public open space, outdoor public art, waterfront development, arts, culture or other civic facilities, special needs or non-market affordable housing, streetscape enhancement, foreshore restoration, or to acquire land for public enjoyment
Development Permit 398: proposes toregulate the form and character of the proposed three-tower mixed use development, and to allow the following variances: increasing the maximum height from 80.7 metres to 85.6 metres to allow the elevator overruns and architectural features, and variances to the White Rock Sign Bylaw 2010, No. 1923 for the orientation, size, and number of signs proposed for the site.
Further details regarding the application may be obtained from the City’s Planning and Development Services Department at City Hall or by contacting (604) 541-2136 | email@example.com.
Should you have any comments or concerns you wish to convey to the hearing in writing, please submit to the City Clerk by Noon, Wednesday, April 12, 2017. You may forward your submissions by:
- mailing or delivering to the City Clerk’s Office at White Rock City Hall, 15322 Buena Vista Avenue, White Rock, BC V4B 1Y6; or
- e-mailing the City Clerk at ClerksOffice@whiterockcity.ca with “Bylaw 2193 & DP 398” typed in the subject line.
Please Note: Correspondence that is the subject of a Public Hearing, Public Meeting, or other public processes will be included, in its entirety, in the public information package and will form part of the public record. Council shall not receive further submissions from the public or interested persons concerning the application after the Public Hearing has concluded.
Copies of the proposed Bylaw and Development Permit and associated reports and related documents may be inspected in the City Clerk’s Office at White Rock City Hall, 15322 Buena Vista Avenue, White Rock, BC, from Thursday, March 30, 2017 until Wednesday, April 12, 2017 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., excluding weekends and statutory holidays.
*There is free Community Parking available underground at the Community Centre with access from Russell Avenue.
Tracey Arthur, City Clerk
Go to Top