April 12: Public Hearing for Bylaws 2130/2131 (14825/35 Thrift Avenue, Forge)
March 31, 2017
NOTICE OF A PUBLIC HEARING - WEDNESDAY, APRIL 12, 2017 at 5:00 P.M.
BYLAW NO. 2130 AND 2131
- The Public Hearing Agenda is available for view under April 12 here
- Correspondence received between 8:30am, April 7 and 3:00pm, April 10
- Note: This correspondence (received in response to the Public Hearing Notice), as well as submissions received between 3:00p.m., April 10, 2017 and Noon, April 12, 2017 will be provided to Council On-Table at the Public Hearing.
BACKGROUND INFORMATION PACKAGE
- Table of Contents and Bylaws 2130 and 2131
- Reports: R1a to R1c
- Reports: R1d to R8
- Reports: R9 to R14
- Report: R15
NOTICE is hereby given that the Council of the City of White Rock will hold a Public Hearing at the White Rock Community Centre, 15154 Russell Avenue, White Rock, BC, on WEDNeSDAY, APRIL 12, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. in accordance with the Local Government Act. At the Public Hearing, all persons who deem their interest in property is affected by the proposed Bylaw shall be afforded an opportunity to be heard or to present written submissions reflecting matters contained in the proposed application that is the subject of the Public Hearing.
APPLICANT: Forge Projects 2 Inc., Inc. No. BC1026807 (Forge)
- OFFICIAL COMMUNITY PLAN BYLAW 1837, 2008, AMENDMENT NO. 24 (14825/35 THRIFT AVENUE), 2016, NO. 2130
- WHITE ROCK ZONING BYLAW, 2012, NO. 2000, AMENDMENT (CD-51 – 14825/35 THRIFT AVENUE) BYLAW, 2016, NO. 2131
CIVIC ADDRESS: 14825/35 Thrift Avenue (See Site Map below)
PURPOSE OF THE BYLAWS IN GENERAL TERMS:
Bylaw 2130 proposes a change in the Official Community Plan (OCP) designation for the properties located at 14825/35 Thrift Avenue from ‘Multi-Unit Residential – Low Density’ to ‘Multi-Unit Residential – Medium Density’.
Bylaw 2131 proposes a change in the zoning of the property from ‘RS-1 One Unit Residential Zone’ to ‘CD-51 Comprehensive Development Zone.’
In response to concerns regarding height and density raised by the public at the previous public hearing the applicant has provided new drawings for the construction of a residential building 10-storeys in height with 25 units.
Further details regarding the application may be obtained from the City’s Planning and Development Services Department at City Hall or by contacting (604) 541-2136 | firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you have any comments or concerns you wish to convey to Council and you cannot attend the Public Hearing, please submit in writing to the City Clerk by Noon, Wednesday, April 12, 2017.
You may forward your submissions by:
- mailing or delivering to the City Clerk’s Office at White Rock City Hall, 15322 Buena Vista Avenue, White Rock, BC V4B 1Y6; or
- e-mailing the City Clerk at ClerksOffice@whiterockcity.ca with “Bylaws 2130 & 2131” typed in the subject line.
Please Note: Correspondence that is the subject of a Public Hearing, Public Meeting, or other public processes will be included, in its entirety, in the public information package and will form part of the public record. Council shall not receive further submissions from the public or interested persons concerning the application after the Public Hearing has concluded.
Copies of the proposed Bylaws and associated reports may be inspected in the City Clerk’s Office at White Rock City Hall, 15322 Buena Vista Avenue, White Rock, BC, from Thursday, March 30, 2017 until Wednesday, April 12, 2017 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., excluding weekends and statutory holidays.
*There is free Community Parking available underground with access from Russell Avenue.
Tracey Arthur, City ClerkGo to Top