The City of White Rock invites proposals from teams of artists wishing to display and sell art at the Landmark Pop Uptown Gallery 15140 North Bluff Road (Central Plaza). The intent is to utilize this retail space for artists to work, to sell work, to rehearse or to produce creative projects.
1. To encourage the growth of the creative sector in White Rock.
2. To facilitate and inspire new artistic and creative businesses.
3. To expand people’s understanding and appreciation of the variety of creative endeavors that exists in the City of White Rock.
4. To position uptown as a visitor destination and a cultural district.
5. To enliven uptown White Rock by expanding commercial activity.
The success of this project will depend on the commitment of participating artists to volunteer their time and ensure smooth operation of the project.
ELIGIBILITY: At least one of the artists or curator must reside in White Rock or South Surrey in order to be eligible for the use of this space. LICENSE AGREEMENT: The empty storefront is free of charge and the City of White Rock will pay utility fees. 1. Artists must ensure the space is open to the public for a minimum of four days a week, including Saturdays. 2. Hours, at a minimum are Thursday/Friday 1PM-5PM and Saturdays 10AM-5PM 3.Openings to normally occur on the first Thursday of the month. Only teams of artists or arts societies/organizations are eligible. 5. The group must provide short-term general liability insurance. 6. Artists must pay a $150 damage deposit. The funds will be returned subject to an inspection at the end of the tenancy. 7. Artists are responsible for their own sales and retain 100% of revenue.
1. Overall concept and project feasibility.
2. Quality of proposal: Innovative ideas, potential for creating excitement, pushing artistic limits.
3. Artistic merit and professional record of achievement.
4. Appropriateness of project for a temporary space.
5. How the project proposes to engage the neighbourhood.
1) Complete the online application form
2) Email 6-10 jpeg photos to firstname.lastname@example.org, or deliver on disk, or printed photographs (no larger than 8.5” x 11”) of artworks by each artist. Files larger than 5MB must be sent via file sharing website. All images must be clearly marked with artist’s name, title, and size. Originals will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MAY INCLUDE (NOT MANDATORY):
Curriculum Vitae, biography and artist statement.
• Reference letters (maximum 3)
January 9, February 6, March 5, April 2, May 7, June 4, July 2, August 6, September 3, October 1, November 5, December 3,
Attach a CV if desired in the file upload area
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field