- Feature Links
The City of White Rock is committed to protecting the privacy of any personal information you may provide when visiting our website. Part of that commitment is to explain what information may be collected and why, how it will be used and who may have access to it. Our practices have been designed to ensure compliance with the privacy provisions of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
This privacy statement applies to interactions with the City of White Rock's website. Following is an overview of our website practices.
When you visit the City of White Rock website, you do so anonymously. If you direct an enquiry to a City department, we will ask you to provide your name and mailing address or e-mail address for the purpose of responding to your enquiry. Only those who "need to know" will have access to the personal information provided.
Cookies are small files saved on your computer, tablet, or mobile phone.
- Ensure that interactive content, live chat, forms, reminders, and other services work properly
- Collect information about your visit to measure how people use our website, which in turn helps us improve your experience on the website
- Store your preferences for when you visit later
Information we collect
Our cookies collect:
- Your device's IP address (a number that identifies your device when you access the Internet)
- Your device’s web browser and operating system
- The date and time you visit our website
- The webpages you access, the order and duration you view them, and the items on each that you interact with
- The first and last webpage you access during your visit to our website
Our cookies don’t:
- Collect or share your personal information
- Install anything on your device
You can block cookies in most browsers, but our website and its services may not work properly if you do that. Learn how
You can opt out of us collecting this anonymous information. Install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on
Protection of Personal Information
The City takes every precaution to protect your personal information on the Internet. We protect your account information by requiring you to enter a unique ID and PIN or Password each time you want to access your Webreg account information. Your PIN/Password should never be shared with anyone. The City's online services systems use SSL encryption technology to protect your personal information such as credit card numbers, during transmission. A security icon will appear in your browser window to indicate that you are using a secure site. Click on this icon to learn more about the security properties of this site. Look for the "closed lock" icon in the status bar at the bottom of the browser window.
In other browsers look for two security indicators, the "s" after "http" in the address line and the "closed lock" icon in the menu bar at the top.